Explore the Best Market Towns in France!
Weekly markets in local villages are the best place to find fresh local produce and many regional delicacies and ingredients…
Issigeac – medieval town with restored gothic chuch
This moated town hosts the most famous market in the area on Sunday mornings. You can’t beat the fabulous goodies on offer. Unmissable!
Eymet – gem of the local medieval bastide towns
This historic Bastide at Bardouly’s doorstep boasts a castle and magnificent cathedral. Bars, restaurants, brocantes and shops offer a pleasant afternoon or evening out. The market takes place on Thursday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
Bergerac – capital of the Southwest Perigord
This is the region’s largest city, with many great restaurants, shops and theatres. The statue of Cyrano is a highlight! The market is held every Saturday morning.
Sarlat – largest market town in the region
This is the most famous market town in the Dordogne. It dates back to the 14th century and stands out for its major historical sites and stunning architecture. You could be cast as an extra in one of the major films shot in the city! The market is held every Friday morning.
Other local markets:
- Monday – Miramont, Beynac, La Fleix, St Alvere
- Tuesday – Castillionnes, Le Bugue, Cenac, Riberac, Thenon, Thiviers
- Wednesday – Bergerac, Hartefourt, La Tour Blance, Monesterol, Montpon, Perigueux, Gardonne, Jummilhac le Grand, Sarlat
- Thursday – Domme, Lalinde, Montpazier, St Astier, St Julien de Lampon.
- Friday – Sigoules, Brantome, Riberac, Trellisac
- Saturday – Beaumont, Le Bugue, Lalinde, Monignac, Mussidan, Perigueux, Sarlat, Thiviers, Duras, Villereal