Unmatched Natural Beauty
Bardouly sits halfway up a limestone hill with stunning views of the Dropt River. The grounds immediately adjacent to the chateau include an expansive park with mature oaks, cedars, chestnut and lime trees. The greater estate encompasses 100 acres of protected woodlands, fields of poppies, sunflowers and lavender, orchards of fig, apple, cherry and plum trees and a lake encircled by ancient oaks.
OUR FAVORITE ACTIVITIES…
- SWIMMING: Secluded pool area, comfy teal lounge chairs, heated saltwater pool, plenty of umbrellas
- TENNIS: Top condition hard surface court, two spectator benches, four complimentary racket
- WALKING AND HIKING: Miles of marked trails
- BIRDING: Protected rare bird sanctuary– a prime destination for birders
- CROQUET: Mallets, balls, grassy area set aside to compete at your leisure
- BADMINTON: Nothing more fun than an afternoon of play on the front lawn
- FOOTBALL (SOCCER): Two large nets and balls for practice or a serious match!
- CRICKET: Bats, balls, wickets…all you need are the whites!
- BOULES: Gravel courts provide an excellent surface to play Pétanque, a game of dexterity and technique, but also of bad behavior and sheer animal cunning
- TABLE TENNIS: Table in dedicated game room– play at your own risk, may become addicted!
- FOOSBALL: A lot of excitement around that little table; some competition last late into the night
- CHILDREN’S PLAYGROUND: Trampoline, climbing frame, swings; kids of all ages welcome!
- CYCLING: Local company delivers bikes, helmets to the property
- ZEN GARDEN: Bubbling fountain, sensational sun trap, chairs for reading, relaxing under mature trees
- JAM MAKING: Fruit from the orchards, wild blackberries from throughout the property